Monday, March 29, 2010

obligations

This weekend, I got so much, yet so little done. I'd meant to spend more time accomplishing things, since the livingroom is still in shambles, and the hardwood floors need sweeping and mopping. I did manage to get my car cleaned again. There were little scraps of styrofoam lacing the floor of the back seat, and for some unknown reason, there were leaves. Tons of them tucked between the cushions. There weren't things I hadn't expected to find, but it's amazing what a vacuum can do...speaking of which, it ate fifty cents of mine, but because--so the store said--it's not "broken" they can't refund my money. That's happened at another location, too.
The kitchen got cleaned, and the laundry got done. Eric cleaned the bathroom sink and floors, which look very nice. He also got rid of his "boxes" of stuff that lie around looking like a box of stuff on the livingroom floor.

I also read the wrong assignment for my Rhetoric class. The one I read is for next Tuesday, I believe, so I need to do my reading tonight.

I have a Chinese test today that typically would have been last Friday, but the professor delayed it because there was so much to cover. I don't know. I guess it's because I've had most of the vocabulary and grammar points in previous classes, but I wish he'd keep to the schedule. He's not a "hard-grader" and his class is really leisurely. We spend a lot of time doing things we should be doing at home--that is, looking over the vocabulary, text, and grammar. If I hadn't done my homework, we'd go over all of the answers in class, so I wouldn't have to.

As for my other Chinese class, I should apply myself a little more these days. I think it's because I've had other obligations, but I'm not juggling them well enough. This week: Test today, read for Rhetoric tonight; Tuesday, nothing pressing; Wednesday, quiz in Chinese; Thursday, quiz in Rhetoric; Friday, homework in Chinese due, "Test" on MS Access due by midnight. I need to find a computer with Access because I don't have it, and the computer labs close early. I might have to do it Wednesday after my classes.

I did, however, this weekend, make two loaves of banana bread. Jared gave me a ton of bananas because his job no longer gives them back to the supplier for a refund when they can't sell them. Good news for me. Eric and I will see him today, so I will give him some bread later.

No comments:

Post a Comment